Taraba Photographer Wins Big At The Just Concluded WeNaija Photo Contest

Jeremiah Genesis Ezra
By -
0
Taraba Photographer Wins Big At The Just Concluded WeNaija Photo Contest


By Jeremiah Genesis Ezra


The Photo Contest which was organized by the Nigeria Solidarity Support Fund tagged 'WeNaija Photo Contest' is a single entry picture contest with 200 participants all over the country.

The photographers were given a task to snap and provide a picture that shows how Nigerians in their locality are responding to Covid-19 Pandemic. Entries were collected and online voting was held and Taraba Photographer Bature Ahmed Abuabakar's picture was selected as top 100 pictures.

Taraba Photographer Wins Big At The Just Concluded WeNaija Photo Contest

Prizes were awarded to the top 100 participants including Bature who go away with the sum of N50,000 and their pictures will be featured in the Lagos exhibition.

When asked about his type of photography he has this to say;

"As a documentary photographer going out in the street and taking pictures of random people, places and activities haven't been easy for me. Some people thought I was out of my senses but only a few believed in what I was doing, and what I am doing resulted in this good fortune"

"Although I have never earned from documentary photography, my picture entry into it Nigeria Solidarity Fund Exhibition and my first cash gift is a big win for me"

Also, Bature Ahmed Abubakar is a renowned Taraba budding documentary photographer and creative director.

Tags:

Post a Comment

0Comments

Love What You Read? Comment Here

Post a Comment (0)