Bukola Saraki Reacts over Police Invitation (Jeremy Spell Blog)

Jeremiah Genesis Ezra
By -
0
"While I continue to maintain that the issue
of my position on the 2019 elections is not
a personal decision for me alone to make, it
should be noted that all these concoctions
and evil plot cannot deter me. Those behind
this fresh assault will fail as I have nothing
to do with the robbery incident or any
criminal matter for that matter.
"I am aware that following a request made
by the Police on June 13, 2018 to the
Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) of the
Fedeeation had written a legal advice dated
June 22, 2018, in which he stated on page
5, paragraph (f) that "For the Senate
President and the Kwara State Governor,
this office is unable to establish from the
evidence in the interim report a nexus
between the alleged office and the
suspects".
"The Police have obviously corrupted and
politicized their investigations into the Offa
robbery incident. They have turned it into
an instrument for the party in power to
suppress perceived opponents, witchunt
issue for blackmailing people from freely
choosing which platform on which they
want to pursue their ambition and a matter
for harassing the people whose exit from
APC would harm the chances of the party in
the forthcoming elections.
"I want to make it apparent that I have no
hand in either the robbery incident or any
criminal acitivity. The Police in their haste to
embarrass me sent the invitation to me at
8pm and requested that I report to the
station by 8am tomorrow morning. This
obviously demonstrated their desperation
as I do not see why they are now in a hurry.
"They also stated in today's letter that
because in my response of June 7, 2018 to
their own letter written on June 4, 2018, I
stated that I was responding simply to the
contents of the letter and that the full text
of the statement made by the arrested
suspects which they claimed indicted me
was not made available to me, they were
now including the suspects statements in
the current letter. Yet, instead of including
the suspects' statements, they only attached
two copies of my own letter to the
invitation. No suspects statement was made
available.
"This plot aimed at compelling me and my
associates to stay in a party where
members are criminalised without just
cause, where injustice is perpetrated at the
highest level and where there is no respect
for constitutionalism is an exercise in futility
and it will fail.
"Once again, my confidence in God and our
judicial system remains intact and
unshaken. The truth shall also prevail in this
case."

Post a Comment

0Comments

Love What You Read? Comment Here

Post a Comment (0)